Q.) What is your cancellation/change policy? A.) Only the guest(s) named on the rental agreement may cancel or change a reservation. We will issue a full refund of your deposit, minus your non-refundable $25.00 reservation fee, for reservations cancelled 14 days prior to your arrival date. Cancellations made within 14 days of arrival date forfeit entire deposit. We understand that changes are sometimes necessary due to unforeseen circumstances. In most cases, we will allow a one-time change without charge. Additional changes are subject to a $25.00 change fee.
Q.) What do I need to bring? What is provided? A.) Consider bringing the following items: shampoo, conditioner, typical grocery items (coffee, milk, sugar, etc.), dishwashing liquid, camera, swim wear and pool accessories as they are not provided.
The following items are provided: bed linens, bath linens, kitchen linens, soap, toilet tissue, paper towels, trash bags, and powder soap for the dishwasher is provided.
Q.) What does my condo contain? A.) Your condo includes:
* Living room – TV with DVD and VHS player, wood burning fireplace and private balcony.
* Kitchen – full size refrigerator, freezer with ice maker, full oven/stove, dishwasher, coffee maker with filters, toaster, pots, pans, utensils, dishes and microwave oven.
* Bathroom – standard sink, shower and tub.
Q.) Is wood for the fireplace provided? Can I bring my own? A.) Do not bring your own wood. Wood is available for sale at the front office. Bundles of wood (6-8 logs), bundles of kindling (smaller sticks to get fire started), starter logs, and matches are available at the registration office. Wood and kindling are included at no charge for cabin guests.
Q.) Is there a restaurant on property? A.) No, at this time there is not. However, there is a Lobby Lounge that serves wine, beer and a limited menu including: starters, burgers and sandwiches. Open seasonally Thursday, Friday and Saturday 3:00pm – 8:00pm. There is also a restaurant near Deer Ridge “The Cobbly Nob Café & Pizzeria”. This restaurant is the only restaurant that delivers food (as well as grocery type items from their convenience store) to the resort. There is no delivery fee, but there is a $12.00 minimum order for delivery.
Q.) What are the check-in/check out times? Do you offer early check-in and/or late check-out? A.) Check-in starts at 3:00PM. Check-out is by 11:00AM for the condos and 10:00AM for the cabins. Early check-in/check-out may be available upon request – depending on the housekeeping arrival/departments schedule for the day.
Q.) How far is Deer Ridge Mountain Resort from downtown Gatlinburg? A.) We are located approximately 12 miles from downtown Gatlinburg. It is approximately a 20 minute drive from the resort.
Q.) What do I need to do to check-out? A.) We ask guests to load the dishwasher and start it (our housekeeping staff will unload it and put the dishes away). Please turn off and unplug coffee pots. Please adjust the thermostat according to season so that units shuts off. We also ask that guests take their bagged garbage to the metal bear-proof trash containers located at the end of each walkway.
Q.) Why are the rooms with no stairs located on the second story? A.) Our buildings are located on the very top of a mountain. The buildings are accessed by a walkway that goes from the parking lot directly across to the rooms on the second story. First floor rooms are down a flight of steps and third floor rooms are up on flight of steps.
Q.) Can I get a One Bedroom unit on the third floor? What is a loft? A.) Only rooms containing a loft are located on the third floor (either a One Bedroom with Loft unit or a Two Bedroom with Loft unit). A loft is an open air room located over the living room area that contains an additional sleeping area. Therefore, a One Bedroom with Loft has two actual bedrooms and a Two Bedroom with Loft has three actual bedrooms. A One Bedroom or a Two Bedroom unit is available on either the first or second (ground level) floor.
Q.) What size bed will be in my room? How many bathrooms? A.) * One Bedroom Suite – most units have one queen-sized bed, some have one king-size bed and one bath. Ask about king availability.
* One Bedroom with Loft – most units have one queen-sized bed in the master bedroom, one queen-sized bed in the loft, some have twins in loft. Has one bath.
* Two Bedroom Suite – most units have one queen-sized bed in the master bedroom, one king-sized bed in the second bedroom (some have twins). Two baths.
* Two Bedroom with Loft – Has one queen-sized bed in the master bedroom, two twin beds in the second bedroom, one queen-sized bed in the loft. Two baths.
Q.) Is the sofa in my unit a pull-out sofa sleeper? A.) Yes. All condo units have a pull-out sofa sleeper that pulls out to form a queen-sized bed.
Q.) Is your swimming pool indoor or outdoor? Is it heated? A.) The swimming pool at the resort is located indoor and it is heated. Our guests have access to two additional outdoor, non-heated pools located in the private community of Cobbly Nob. The indoor pool is available year-round. The outdoor pools are available between Memorial Day and Labor Day. The outdoor pools are located approximately one mile away from the resort – not within walking distance, but a short drive away. Towels for the indoor pool are available in the pool area.
Q.) Can I get a room with a jacuzzi? A.) None of our condo rooms offer an in-room jacuzzi or hot tub, but guests have access to the indoor jacuzzi located in our pool area during operating hours. Cabin guests do have access to jacuzzi, hot tub or both at their cabin as well as the hot tub at the resort pool area.
Eleven Reasons to Stay at Deer Ridge Mountain Resort
• Best Views of the Smokies All condominiums have private balconies with amazing views of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park!
• Quiet, Relaxing and Peaceful Located in the private village of Cobbly Nob only 11 miles from downtown Gatlinburg.
• Charming 1, 2 and 3 Bedroom Condos All the comforts of home! All of our condominiums have full kitchens, cable TV, Wi-Fi and wood-burning fireplaces.
• Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Great Smoky Mountain National Park Lots to see and do within a 30 minute driving radius – the Arts and Crafts community, Rocky Top Sports World, lots of unique shopping and dining experiences, hiking trails, whitewater rafting and horseback riding.
• Friendly, Knowledgeable Staff Ready to answer all of your questions on the area and help you plan your stay.
• Bent Creek Golf Course A Gary Player designed golf course located minutes away. Many of our condos have a view of the course.
• Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi and Tennis Court After a day of golf, hiking or shopping, you won’t be able to resist our heated indoor pool, large hot tub and onsite sauna at our main office complex – and that’s only a beginning to the amenities we offer here at Deer Ridge.
• Family Reunions, Large Groups, Retreats Staying in a selection of condos gives everyone their own private space without being inconveniently far away during holiday-related events, meals and other similar occasions. Our onsite amenities also include several meeting areas, a playground, horseshoe pit, pavilion and picnic area with outdoor grills.
• Great Value for Your Money Deer Ridge features more vacation packages, discounts and seasonal specials than pretty much anyone in East Tennessee. See for yourself on those links!
• Beautiful Sunsets Enjoy the wonderful sunsets from the large deck expanding out from our main office complex. There’s enough room for all to enjoy – so much so that we hold annual parties out on it during the month of October and during the holidays.
• Oh Yea, Did I Mention The View? “Best View of the Smokies”. You’ll see what we mean when you get here!