Missed this year’s Christmas Parade in Gatlinburg? Here’s a video of it that you can catch up on:
Looking for ways to enjoy the Christmas splendor for an upcoming trip to Gatlinburg? We’ve got you covered with holiday events right here as listed by Gatlinburg.com. Take a look and plan ahead!
SkyLift Park “Lights Over Gatlinburg”
November 26, 2019 – January 31, 2020
“The holidays are a special time in Gatlinburg, and this year there’s no better place to experience the magic than the SkyLift Park.
Join us as the SkyLift and SkyDeck become a celebration of the holidays with Christmas decorations and thousands of twinkling lights, and take in the best views in Gatlinburg as you gaze out over town and deep into the Smoky Mountains while warming up around the fire pit with a hot chocolate or cider.
Next, make your way up to the SkyBridge which will become even more incredible as it is transformed into a tunnel of vibrant lights stretching out across the mountain to create a holiday experience you’ll always remember.
Through Sunday, December 15, guests can save $4 on tickets purchased at the SkyLift Park by bringing a new toy to donate to the Boys & Girls Club of the Smoky Mountains.”
See this article at https://www.gatlinburg.com/event/gatlinburg-skylift-park-lights-over-gatlinburg/.
Enchanted Winter Celebration at Anakeesta
November 26, 2019 – February 17, 2020
“Anakeesta transforms into a woodland winter wonderland! Make your winter vacation plans special this Season with twinkling lights, holiday sights, and warm cocoa around the fire – discover it all during Anakeesta’s Enchanted Winter celebration!
– Immerse yourself in an enchanting 1000′ tunnel of twinkling arctic lights as you stroll from Firefly Village to Vista Garden
– Enjoy whimsically decorated live Christmas trees at Vista Gardens and on the Parkway
– Relax around the cozy fire pit at Firefly Village and enjoy the beautiful display of holiday lights throughout Anakeesta
– Santa will be handing out treats and available for family holiday photos at Firefly Village November 29-30 and December 20-21 from 11 AM – 3 PM creating special memories with families and children
– Discover the perfect selfie spot at our giant Anakeesta Snow Globe where the beautiful Great Smoky Mountain National Park acts as a natural scenic backdrop
– Stroll along the Treetop Skywalk at night and immerse yourself in a – Forest of Firefly lights that every adult and child will want to experience
– Enjoy Winter food specials and hot drinks like our famous Wassail at Cliff Top Grill and Bar and Pearl’s Pie in the Sky
– Shop our quaint retail shops to find the perfect Holiday gifts you will want to share with friends and family
– Relax around the cozy fire pit at Firefly Village and enjoy the holiday lights
– And….when it snows in the mountains, Anakeesta is the very best spot to enjoy the views of fresh snowfall on the Mt. LeConte range.”
See this article at https://www.gatlinburg.com/event/enchanted-winter-celebration-at-anakeesta/.
Winter Smoky Mountain Tunes and Tales
November 29, 2019 – December 22, 2019
“Through the holiday season, visitors can meet characters and storytellers and enjoy caroling along the Parkway Friday and Saturday evenings during this annual event!
Winter Magic Tunes & Tales will once again present strolling Christmas entertainment on the streets of Gatlinburg, beginning the Friday/Saturday after Thanksgiving, November 29-30 from 5:00-9:30 pm, followed by performances again on Dec 6-7, 13-14, 20-21. Holiday music will fill the air with a sacred-secular mixture of Appalachia, Bluegrass, and Country. Visitors will also enjoy visiting with Santa’s Elves-Frosty-Rudolph, a little bit of history, humor and more! This interactive program is a Holiday favorite, staged against a backdrop of millions of lights….making it truly a Winter Magical experience in Gatlinburg!”
See this article at https://www.gatlinburg.com/event/winter-smoky-mountain-tunes-and-tales/.
New Year’s Eve Ball Drop and Fireworks Show
December 31, 2019
“On Tuesday, December 31, Gatlinburg will ring in the new year under the cover of the iconic Gatlinburg Space Needle for it’s 33rd Annual New Year’s Eve Ball Drop and Fireworks Show. Since 1987, this family-friendly celebration has been one of the largest organized New Year’s Eve events in the nation, and this year’s end-of-the-year celebration will be a spectacular start of a new decade.
With live music, fabulous downtown celebrations and activities, the streets of Gatlinburg come alive to offer plenty of exciting ways to celebrate the last night of the year, all while leading up to a midnight firework show and ball drop at the base of the 400-foot Space Needle.
This year, the renowned Journey tribute band, Departure, joins the downtown celebration with an exciting live performance beginning at 10:30 pm. The party is adjacent to the Space Needle at 120 Historic Nature Trail.
Visitors are encouraged to arrive early to take advantage of the celebration specials offered by many Gatlinburg restaurants and businesses.”
See this article at https://www.gatlinburg.com/event/new-years-eve-ball-drop-and-fireworks-show/.